Facebook is a widely used social networking web-based platform on the internet. Everyone uses it to share thoughts, photos, videos, and many more with their friends and family. More than that, it is helpful to communicate with each other and interact with people with similar interests. We are using Facebook for over seven years. Some may be using more than that. We will have a lot of pictures on our timeline that we uploaded during these years. That’s why we need to collect all of them online in one folder. You may also use FB downloader to download any Facebook post on any device.
Now we want to export that photos to cloud storage like Google Photos. What will you do? A common way to download each picture and re-upload it on Google Photos. It is time-wasting and a bit of a hassle to do it manually. To overcome this issue, Facebook introduced the Facebook photo and video migration tool. With the help of this tool, you can easily copy these images over to Google Photos for safekeeping.
What are the Facebook photo and video migration tools?
Facebook’s photo and video migration tool is a product of the Data Transfer Project. It is a joint initiative between Microsoft, Twitter, Facebook, and more than promises great portability of data.
This tool is adequately straightforward in terms of functionality. In few simple steps, users can copy their Facebook photo or video library over to Google Photos. So no need for third-party software or special hacks. The social media giant has promised they will support more photo services in the future, and Google Photos is the first one out of the gate.
Do you know? you can lock your Facebook profile easily using this tips.
Transfer Facebook Images and Videos to Google Photos on PC
Many of us use Facebook on a PC web browser. It is because they do not use it frequently. If you one of them, you can follow the steps to transfer Facebook’s images and videos to Google Photos. The steps are simple and straightforward.
- Launch any of your favourite browsers and log in to your Facebook account.
- On the Facebook homepage, click on the down arrow.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the Settings.
- Select Your Facebook Information from the left side pane.
- Hit on the Transfer a copy of your photos and videos.
- On the next screen, it will ask for your current Facebook password. Enter if prompted.
- It will ask you to select Destination. Click on the Choose destination dropdown and choose Google Photos.
- Use the radio buttons to transfer a copy of either photos or videos you have uploaded on Facebook and then click on the Next
- Now sign in to your Google Photos and grant Facebook permission to add media to your Google Photos library.
- Finally, click on the Confirm Transfer
- That’s it! You will receive a notification mail from Facebook.
Transfer Facebook Images and Videos to Google Photos on Android Devices
The Android device comes pre-installed Google Photos app. If you don’t have one, download it from Google Play Store. This guide also helpful for iOS users. They only need to download the Google Photo app from the app store. Once it is done, follow the below steps.
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android or iOS device.
- Now tap on the Hamburger or three horizontal lines
- Expand Settings & Privacy option by tapping on it.
- From the expanded menu, tap on the Settings.
Facebook update herself much more in the past few years. And now they are focusing on convenient features for users. Although transferring images from our Facebook account to google photos is one of them. Facebook’s image and video migration tool are compatible with all operating systems. This article shows how to auto-transfer Facebook images and videos to Google Photos. After introducing the image and video migration tool, it becomes easy to export Facebook images and videos. So, if you have a huge collection of old images in the Facebook timeline then this feature will solve your all the problem and able to transfer each & every file from your FB account. So just use it by following the above-mentioned steps.